Canadian National 79095 wood caboose was built in 1947 in CNR’s London Shops. This caboose was part of a group of 15. In 1983, it was retired after almost 20 years of service and was donated to the Untied Countries Museum in Cornwall. In 2001, it was donated to RMEO and has been restored.
CN 79095 wooden caboose was part of the last class of CN wooden cabooses ever made. Although not steel the caboose does have some modern accessories. One of these modern accessories is the oil stove instead of coal stove. The oil filler pipe is visible on the outside of the caboose at the rear door. The caboose also has a modern brake system that uses three separate compartments for the air tank, piston, and regulators. The air regulator regulates the air pressure and trips the brakes if the pressure drops.