The Wickham cars were built in Wickham, England. Only four of these cars were ever transported to Canada. The Canadian Pacific M-297 Wickham car (maroon?) was built in 1955. The Canadian National #23 Wickham car (green) was built in 1954.
Wickham cars were used for rail inspection and track crews. The cars could carry up to nine people in a climate-controlled enclosure, which is bi-directional. Speed wise, the Wickham cars were comparable to a car on a highway. In the past the museum was able to offer rides on the Wickham cars but these rides are no longer available.