The Canadian Pacific Plywood Caboose 437 169 was built by Angus Shops in Montreal, Quebec in May 1945. The caboose is a sister of the Canadian Pacific Caboose 437 183. CP 437 169 went through several number changes and three to four paint schemes. The caboose was 437 169 until 1967, 439 086 until 1969 and the 437 169 until 1989. Finally at its retirement in August 1990 CPR donated the caboose to the museum.
This caboose was built during the WWII material rationing period and thus has plywood siding. It also uses Westinghouse K triple valve automatic air brake system. The caboose was used in the Smiths Falls area and is now fully restored and used as a museum work car.