One of the last remaining Canadian Northern section houses in Canada, this former Section Crew Foreman’s Residence was built in 1912.
This two storey wooden building is like many section houses that were built by Canada’s railways to house their worker’s families. Most of the section houses in Eastern Ontario are gone. In 1995 this historic building was moved across the road from the south side of William Street onto museum property to be saved from destruction. It is currently under restoration and stores archival material.