Smiths Falls, open up your albums and help us tell the story of our town and the railway
When: Saturday, March 24th from 1 – 3 pm
Where: Railway Museum of Eastern Ontario (90 William St. W)
What: Bring your photos of the railway to the museum for scanning to be part of our exhibit for the Smiths Falls Railway History Project. It will only take a few minutes to fill out the information about the photo, scan it and you can take it back home with you!
We are looking for photos from the community to enhance our exhibit on the history of railroading in Smiths Falls opening May 12th, 2012 and running until December 2012. Date range for the photos can be from 1886 (or older) to 1980s.
Here is a listing of what we are looking for:
- Photos of employees – at work or at home with family and social occasions
- Photos of the CPR and CNR stations and yard – buildings, track, warehouses, telegraph offices, car shops, etc.
- Photos of troop trains/displaced persons stopping and/or passing through
- WWII ephemera related to the railway including red cross items
- Photos of businesses impacted by the railway – lumber yards, Lee Tavern, mills, Smolkins, Coal distributors, etc.
- Photos of the market building (on Market St.)
- Photos of the CPR Recreation Grounds (tennis courts, baseball stadium)
- Railway Unions publications with Smiths Falls information
- Photos of events related to the railway – circus, special visitors
- Photos of Beckwith St., Main St., William St., Russell St. circa 1900, 1920, 1950, 1970
- Photos of the rail line down Bay St. to Frost and Woods
- Photos of the rail line into Hershey’s
- Maps or drawings of the railway yards (CPR and CNR)
If you can’t make it out on Saturday, contact us and we can make other arrangements.
(613) 283-5696 or firstname.lastname@example.org