What you need to know…
Let’s celebrate our town’s industrial heritage with a good old-fashioned picnic. Inspired by the company picnics of Smiths Falls’ very own industrial giants, Frost and Wood and the Canadian Pacific Railway, the museum is hosting a FREE Community Picnic and Concert. There will be games, activities, and live entertainment for the whole family. Stay for the concert with music by Willy Blizzard, playing songs influenced by the railway. Just bring your blankets, lawn chairs, and picnic basket!
When: Friday, July 26, 2013. Picnic starts at 5:00 pm and the concert starts at 7:00 pm
Where: Railway Museum, Smiths Falls (lots of free parking).
What you need to bring:
- Picnic blankets or lawn chairs
- Your favourite picnic foods
What we will have on site:
- Free lemonade
- Old fashion picnic games such as potato sack races, three-legged races, croquet, tug-of-war, and more
- Railway inspired music by Willy Blizzard (www.willyblizzard.com)
- Performance from the cast of Pollyanna (Smiths Falls Community Theatre)
- Dairy Dudes Cool Treats will have a delicious confection of ice cream for sale
- Museum exhibits on A Social History of the Railway in Smiths Falls and Frost & Wood: Outstanding in their Field (produced by Heritage House Museum)
- Unique CPR and Frost & Wood merchandise for sale
- We will also have hand car rides running from 5 – 6 pm and of course lots of free parking and washrooms.
Hope to see you there!
Thank you to our picnic sponsors: J Quattrocchi and Co. Ltd. and Allan Chartered Accountants