What is the Great Train Race?
As part of our Thanksgiving weekend this year, we are partnering with Zendragon to bring you The Great Train Race! Test your train trivia as you search for clues around Smiths Falls’ landmarks! Teams will start at the Railway Museum and race to find their next clue. Each pit stop will present a challenge that must be completed before you receive your clue. Complete all challenges and be the first team back to claim your prize. Best of all, it is free to participate!
When is it?
Sunday, October 12, 2014. CHECK-IN: 8:30 to 8:45 am.
START: 9 am. Rain or shine.
Where do we start and end?
Start point is at the Railway Museum of Eastern Ontario. You must find five (5) clues around town with an important railway connection. Once you have found all the clues and completed each challenge, make your way back to the museum.
How will this thing work?
Your first clue will bring you to your first pit stop. Each pit stop will have someone to present your challenge. Complete the challenge successfully to receive your next clue.
Why should I run this race?
- Learn cool things about our railway history.
- Awesome prizes.
- And mostly, because it will be a whole lot of fun!
Other things you need to know:
- Teams will consist of two people
- Bring proper attire, water and snacks (if you think you will need them)
- We expect the race to be completed within 2.5 hours
- Phones are to be turned in at the beginning of the race
- Race must be done on foot – no cars or bicycles or other modes of transportation
- You can ask for help from people on the street
- You will be provided with a map of Smiths Falls
Okay, I want to sign up!
Print off the registration form below and submit it to the Railway Museum (90 William St. W.).
Download Registration Form
Pick up a registration form at the museum. The museum is open daily from 10 am to 5 pm.
Submit your registration form by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Still have questions? Give us a call (613) 283-5696
Registration deadline is Wednesday, October 8th at 4 pm.